What is Addiction Recovery?
Addiction Recovery refers to programs that specialize in helping someone who is addicted to a substance or behavior that is causing significant problems in their lives.
- Alcohol Abuse
- Drug Abuse
- Sex Addiction
- Gambling Addiction
Do I need Addiction Recovery?
This question can be tricky to ask. It is hard for us to admit when we need help, usually because of pride or embarrassment. In reality, our friends and family who truly care about us will be fully supportive and understanding of making the decision to choose addiction recovery. It comes down to you making the decision not to let a substance or behavior control you and your life. You do not need to rely on these substances or behaviors to get through or give meaning to your life.
If you answer yes to 3 or more of the following for alcohol/drugs you may need help right away:
- Do you feel the need to cut down or stop drinking/using drugs entirely but can’t?
- Do you often consume alcohol/drugs in large amounts or for longer than you meant to?
- Do you find yourself spending a lot of time getting, using, or recovering from drinking alcohol/drugs?
- Do you have cravings and urges to drink/use drugs?
- Is your work, home or school unmanageable because of alcohol/drugs?
- Do you often times continue to drink/use drugs, even when it causes problems in your relationships?
- Have you ever given up important occupational, social or recreational activities because of alcohol/drug use?
- Do you often times drink/use drugs again and again, even when it puts you in danger?
- Do you feel you need to drink/use drugs more to get the effect you want?
- Have you ever experienced withdrawal symptoms such as blackouts, seizures, tremors, etc.?
Self-Recovery VS Professional Help
It can be attempting to try to fix this problem on your own. You may attempt to use sheer will power or through the help of friends. Ultimately the decision is yours. However, the likelihood of overcoming the addiction on your own is very minimal. Seeking professionals who have been through the same experiences and have coached/helped others through these issues, is proven to be the most effective way to combat this issue.
There are insurance companies that work with addiction recovery specialists. The best thing to do is call a professional today and ask for help.
Please call 1-888-989-6179 today.